Key benefits of Essence Medical Cosmetic Clinic
- Consultation and treatment is undertaken by Dr Kieren Bong who is an international speaker and trainer in aesthetic facial procedures
- Dr Kieren Bong is widely recognised as one of the industry's experts
- Essence Medical in Glasgow only uses the very best market-leading brands
- We offer virtually pain-free treatment
- Excellent post treatment care will follow after two weeks
- Dr Kieren Bong is often featured in numerous national and international magazines and newspapers
Excessive underarm sweating
- Live your life to the full
- Compassionate, skilled, gentle doctor
- Affordable, fast acting solution
- Sweating is vastly reduced
Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating can be a troublesome and embarrassing problem for those affected. Unfortunately for many, topical or oral medications and surgery proved ineffective. However, because sweat glands are innervated by sympathetic nerves, Botox is highly effective in reducing and abolishing sweat production in treated areas.
What Happens During the Treatment?
Using a very fine needle, your doctor will inject a small amount of Botox into 10 to 15 places about 1cm apart and spread evenly in each underarm area. Sometimes a dye is used to show up the areas where sweating is greatest and where the injections should be placed. Unlike the use of Botox for lines and wrinkles, where the toxin is injected through the skin into the underlying muscles, in the case of excessive sweating, the toxin is injected very superficially into the skin itself. A course of treatment takes about 30 minutes.
When Will Treatment Take Effect?
Your underarm sweating will decrease to 95% within 48 hours and the full effect will be seen within 1 week. Along with the sweating, there is a simultaneous disappearance of odour associated with the decreased sweating. Your doctor will advise you about when to return for further treatment.
How Long Does the Treatment Last?
Your next treatment can be given when the effects of the first course wear off, this usually happens after 6 to 9 months.
What Are the Risks and Complications?
Botox is not harmful. There may be some tiny bruises, but these fade in a few days. Occasionally there may be small persistent areas of sweating that may need a second treatment session. There is NO risk of muscle weakness, numbness or permanent change in the axillary skin.
How Will I feel Afterwards?
Self-assured and confident without the embarrassment often experienced in social situations.