Key benefits of Essence Medical Cosmetic Clinic
- Dr Kieren Bong invented this revolutionary technique, and owns its trademark
- Two-Point Eye Lift™ is now widely used in over 20 countries and internationally accepted as one of the safest and most effective techniques for treating undereye hollows
- Dr Bong is widely recognised as one of Europe's top cosmetic doctors. He is an international speaker and trainer in advanced facial aesthetics procedures
- Consultation and treatment are undertaken personally by Dr Bong
- Dr Bong is often featured in numerous national and international magazines and newspapers
Two-Point Eye Lift™
- Revolutionary technique
- Amazing results with no down time
- Results seen in 15 minutes
- Virtually pain-free treatment
- One of Europe's top doctors
Dr Bong invented the Two-Point Eye Lift™ technique and owns its trademark. In 2013, Dr Bong was officially appointed 'head of course' at the Specialist Meeting in Sweden. Over 200 doctors from Scandinavian countries (Sweden, Poland, Norway and Denmark) and Russia attended this prestigious event, during which Dr Bong discussed and demonstrated advanced dermal fillers techniques, focussing on the Two-Point Eye Lift™ for treatment of tear trough and undereye hollowness.
International Speaker & Trainer
Widely recognised as one of Europe's top cosmetic doctors, and being the pioneer for the Two-Point Eye Lift™ treatment, Dr Bong frequently gets invited to various countries in Europe and further afield to carry out training masterclasses. Dr Bong is the only person who can teach the Two-Point Eye Lift™ technique.
Before / After
Before / After
Before / After
Before / After
Before / After
Before / After
Before / After
Before / After
Eye lift FAQ
What are tear troughs?
Tear troughs are semi-circular creases/depressions which start at the nose and run along the bottom of the lower eyelid just above the cheek bone. These depressions can produce the illusion of darkening around the eyes resulting in 'dark circles' or 'tired eyes'. As we age, the eyelid above and cheek below begin to sag. However, the depression cannot sag with the rest of the facial skin due to its ligamentous attachment to the bone of the eye socket. This results in the depression deepening and the shadow and dark circle becoming more noticeable.
What is the Two-Point Eye Lift™ treatment?
This is a revolutionary technique invented and perfected by Dr Kieren Bong. Dr Bong formulated this technique to be used in conjunction with one of the world's best dermal fillers for this area - Teosyal Redensity II [eye]. A blunt-tip device (called micro-cannula) is used to administer this second generation dermal filler in the undereye area to soften the appearance of the hollowness, eye bags and dark circles.The Two-Point Eye Lift™ technique, coupled with the use of the micro-cannula as well as Redensity II [eye] help minimise side effects and complications commonly associated with treatment in this area. Dr Bong owns the trademark for this technique and is the ONLY person who can teach this technique.
Why are there different brands of dermal fillers?
There is a huge variety of dermal fillers currently on the market and new products are launched all the time. At Essence Medical Cosmetic Clinic, we do not use one-size-fits-all dermal fillers. Instead, we use only specialist product such as Teosyal's Redensity II [eye] for this area. Redensity II [eye] is widely accepted as the best dermal filler for this treatment in this area. Our priority is to only offer treatments with products which have a high safety profile.
Teosyal Redensity II [eyes]
After 9 years of research and clinical trials, Teoxane Laboratories in Geneva introduce a brand new product to the aesthetic medicine market, specifically developed to treat the difficult and sensitive area around the eyes. Redensity II [eye] is an injectable gel specifically adapted to treat the undereye hollows and tear trough. It is a fully transparent viscoelastic gel and just slightly hygroscopic (i.e. it attracts very little water resulting in minimal or no swelling after injection). The viscoelasticity is perfectly designed to coat the undereye hollows safely and durably and assures an easily spreading and controlled positioning of the gel.
The filler is injected with a micro-cannula (blunt needle) under the skin surface along the line of the hollow. The revolutionary Two-Point Eye Lift ™ technique - invented and perfected by Dr Bong - means the procedure is very safe and result is excellent with no down time at all. No anaesthetic cream is required due to the use of the blunt needle. All of the dermal filler products used at Essence Medical Cosmetic Clinic contain pain-reducing lidocaine (local anaesthetic) for a comfortable treatment experience. The Two-Point Eye Lift™ Treatment can be completed in as little as 15 minutes. The treatment benefits can be seen instantly and do not affect facial expression.
After the procedure
The results with the Two-Point Eye Lift™ technique are noticeable instantly. After the treatment the treated area may be slightly red. However, you can resume normal activities, drive yourself home or return to work immediately after the treatment. Unlike the use of other generic dermal fillers, the use of Redensity II [eyes] and Dr Bong's revolutionary technique - the Two-Point Eye Lift™ - ensures excellent results with no down time at all.
How long will the effect last?
One of the great advantages of the products we use at Essence Medical is that the effects are long lasting but not permanent – therefore you are always in control of your looks and can change you treatment depending on how you are ageing. The results with Redensity II [eyes] typically last 9-12 months although the exact length of time will depend on the structure of your skin and other factors such as lifestyle, age and the degree of perfection demanded by you. Additional touch up treatments can be performed at any time after the initial treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Teosyal's Redensity II [eye] is a second generation dermal filler which has been exclusively formulated for the undereye area. Dr Bong's Two-Point Eye Lift™ technique, coupled with the use of micro-cannula (blunt needle) mean that significant side effects are extremely uncommon but may include:
• Injection-related reactions: These reactions may include redness at the injection site immediately after the treatment.
• Bruising: Occasionally bruising can occur. However the use of micro-cannula (blunt needle) dramatically reduces the risk of bruising.
• Contour irregularities can and do occasionally occur. Massaging can usually smooth out any 'lumpiness' however if persisent the filler can be easily and rapidly dissolved.
• Infection - as with all injections, this procedure carries a risk of infection. The syringe is sterile and standard precautions associated with injectable materials are taken.
• Swelling - unlike the use of generic dermal fillers for tear trough treatment, the use of Redensity II [eyes] results in only very minimal or no swelling at all.
After care instructions?
• After your treatment we will again go through with you any after care advice in order to maximise your treatment benefits and avoid any undesirable side effects.
• You can resume normal activities, drive yourself home or return to work immediately after the treatment.
• As with any type of injection there may be some slight redness immediately afterwards. Camouflage make up may be applied.
• The results directly after the treatment should therefore not be seen as the final results. This is because over the following 2-4 weeks the results will gradually improve.
• For 2 weeks after the treatment you are advised to avoid extreme heat (sun bed or sunbathing) or intense cold.
Follow-up and future appointments?
• One of the great advantages of the dermal fillers used at Essence Medical Cosmetic Clinic is that the effects are long lasting but not permanent. You are always in control of your looks-you can continue or change the treatment you have had or repeat the procedure as often as you like.
• Most patients having tear trough treatment choose to have a follow up treatment 9-12 months after the initial treatment. The aesthetic effects of the treatment vary from person to person depending on the condition of the skin, area treated, amount of product injected and lifestyle factor.
• Routine review appointments are generally not required, however occasionally touch up procedures may be carried out 2-4 weeks after the initial treatment in order to achieve optimal correction and maximise the duration of the results (please note that additional costs may be incurred if further product is required).
Who can carry out this treatment?
The skin and tissues in the tear trough area are very delicate and there are many blood vessels within this region. Only highly skilled cosmetic practitioners who have undergone advanced training can offer this treatment. Unlike the use of dermal fillers in other parts of the face, this treatment requires skills and experience to minimise risks of complications.
As mentioned above, Dr Bong invented the Two-Point Eye Lift™ technique. This technique is now widely used in over 20 countries and is internationally accepted as one of the most effective and safest techniques for treating the undereye area. Dr Bong is is the only person who can carry out training sessions for this procedure. This is because the Two-Point Eye Lift™ is trademark registered and Dr Bong has the sole ownership of this trademark.
What can I expect from my consultation and will I have treatment the same day as my consultation?
You are required to have a face-to-face consultation prior to having this treatment. In the consultation Dr Bong will examine your face and specifically the undereye areas. Dr Bong will then offer you a treatment plan and quote you a price. He will also discuss in detail the advantages and limitations of this treatment and the alternatives. It depends on how long it takes to conclude the consulation, there might not be enough time for you to have the treatment on the same visit. However, if you are travelling from a distance, please do let us know in advance so we can try to accommodate your circumstances.
How much does it cost?
One of the great advantages of the products we use at Essence Medical is that the effects are long lasting but not permanent – therefore you are always in control of your looks and can change you treatment depending on how you are ageing. The results typically last 9-12 months although the exact length of time will depend on the structure of your skin and other factors such as lifestyle, age and the degree of perfection demanded by you. Additional touch up treatments can be performed at any time after the initial treatment.
During your consultation, Dr Bong will formulate a treatment plan for you and advise the exact cost of your treatment. Our prices are competitive and your treatments will be carried out by an international expert. We believe our patients deserve the utmost safety in our care and we are committed to offering reliable, safe and effective results. We normally charge £400 for this treatment. Exact cost for this treatment will be discussed and finalised during your consultation.