If you have had dermal fillers placed incorrectly, excessively or unevenly, then please visit us for a free consultation with Dr Kieren Bong. Essence Medical is Scotland’s regional referral centre for the reversal and correction of unwanted dermal fillers and one of most established clinics around. Dr Bong’s expert opinion on addressing the complications associated with unwanted dermal fillers is sought by nurses, doctors and surgeons across the country – so you’re in trusted hands.
What are the main reasons for reversal/correction of dermal fillers?
1) Overdone lips and cheeks – Practitioners who are inexperienced commonly create overdone lips and cheeks. Lips or cheeks that are uneven can be terribly upsetting and correction can be a key step towards looking – and feeling – normal again.
2) Lumps and bumps – Lumps are possible after any filler injection but they are not always a problem. Most lumps will go away with aggressive massage and even when they do not go away completely, they are not usually visible. Lumps are most commonly seen in the lips, around the mouth, and under the eyes, and sometimes dissolving the filler is the only way to make a troublesome lump go away.
3) Under-eye filler correction – Placing dermal fillers under the eyes is a very specialised treatment that should only be performed with the utmost care and precision by a skilled and experienced medical professional. This, unlike more commonly undertaken procedures such as laughter line fillers, is a harder and more delicate procedure. Under eye fillers or tear trough fillers can take a long time to dissolve and therefore rubbing the area alone may not be sufficient. If you feel that you have lumps under your eyes, or excessive bagginess caused by fillers or if you feel that your eye fillers have shifted, then we can correct them and dissolve them effectively.
Dr Bong is an international expert trainer and speaker in over 60 countries, teaching other doctors and surgeons advanced facial aesthetic treatments.
Dr Bong is one of the most celebrated cosmetic doctors in Europe, and patients have flown in from as far as Canada, Monaco and Scandinavia for his unique touch and skills
Dr Bong is a well recognised expert cosmetic doctor for celebrities, soap stars, TV presenters, West-end performers, footballers wives and many more
This is an advanced procedure in which a specially formulated enzyme is used to selectively and precisely dissolve undesirable fillers. The dermal fillers may have been placed incorrectly, excessively or unevenly.
What are the main reasons for reversal/correction of dermal fillers?
1. Overdone lips and cheeks. Practitioners who are inexperienced commonly create overdone lips and cheeks. Lips or cheeks which are uneven/asymmetrical are commonly seen too. Reversal/correction of dermal fillers can be a key step towards looking normal again
2. Lumps and bumps. Lumps are possible after any filler injection, but they are not always a problem. Most lumps will go away with aggressive massage, and even when they don’t go away completely, they are usually not visible. Lumps are most commonly seen in the lips, around the mouth, and under the eyes, and sometimes dissolving the filler is the only way to make a troublesome lump go away.
3. Under-eye filler correction. Under eye fillers is a very specialised treatment that should be performed with the utmost care and precision. This, unlike more commonly undertaken procedures such as nasolabial (laughter line) fillers, is a harder and more delicate procedure. Under eye fillers or eye bag fillers as they are also known can take a long time to dissolve and therefore rubbing the area alone may not be sufficient. If you feel that you have lumps under your eyes, or excessive bagginess caused by fillers or if you feel that your eye fillers have shifted, then we can correct them and dissolve them effectively.
What does the treatment involve?
Following injection into the treated area, the enzyme acts within minutes to dissolve unwanted fillers and restore the original facial contours. The desired level of correction/reversal can usually be achieved by carefully monitoring the dose of the enzyme, with larger doses resulting in complete elimination of the filler from the injected site.
Enzyme injections are best delayed for several days after the original dermal filler treatment in order to allow for subsidence of any short term treatment-related swelling.
What types of dermal fillers can you dissolve?
We can dissolve any brand of Hyaluronic Acid (HA) typed dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, Teosyal, Belotero, Perlane, Revolax and etc.
Am I a candidate for reversal/correction of dermal fillers?
It depends on which dermal filler you had injected. Filler reversal is only effective on HA fillers, so it will not work on Radiesse, Artefill, or Silicone. If you are not happy with those types of dermal fillers, the only option is to wait until they dissolve naturally (Radiesse), or to have them surgically removed (Artefill and Silicone).
If you are not sure which filler you have had, filler reversal is always worth a try before resorting to the cost and downtime associated with surgical removal.
How do I prepare for dermal filler correction treatment?
Do nothing differently, just go about your day to day activities as normal. Your skin will be cleaned at the time of the procedure so try not to use any products or cosmetics.
What areas of the face can filler be dissolved?
Nasolabial lines (laughter lines)
Perioral lines (smokers lines around the mouth)
Glabellar (frown) lines
Any other creases or lines on the face
What are the side effects?
There are very few reported side effects. Slight bruising being the most common (as with any injections). This is usually minimal and can be covered effectively with makeup. Localised allergic reactions to the enzyme can occur. This enzyme is not recommended for patients with a history of allergy to bee venom. We usually carry out a ‘patch test’ prior to the actual procedure.
How many filler dissolving treatment sessions will I require?
You may not need more than one treatment. Depending on the extent of the filler and the volume of excess filler that we are trying to dissolve, you may need another treatment between 3 and 5 days later. This will incur further cost.
How much time is needed for this treatment and can I go on with my day following the procedure?
Typically the treatment only takes 15 minutes to complete. Most people feel comfortable going back to their normal activities immediately following their appointment. Mineral make-up may be applied immediately after the treatment.
How much does reversal/correction of dermal fillers cost?
This treatment is unique to each individual, depending upon a variety of factors. Dr Bong is one of the only small number of doctors in Britain who has the experience and skills to carry out this procedure. So, to get an exact costing, please schedule a consultation with Dr Bong for him to design a bespoke treatment approach and address any concerns that you have.
If your original dermal filler treatment was administered by another practitioner, there is a consultation charge of £75.00. This is non-refundable although it is redeemable towards your treatment if you chose to have the filler dissolved.
We normally charge £300 for this treatment. The exact cost of the procedure will be advised following your consultation.
Why should I have this treatment at Essence Medical?
Doctor-only treatment. Both your consultation and treatment are personally carried out by Dr Bong. He is a fully qualified cosmetic doctor with extensive knowledge in facial anatomy and practical experience of achieving beautiful yet natural results. We believe in a strong doctor-patient relationship. Both your consultation and treatment will be carried out by Dr Bong. As a consequence, he will understand your individual needs.
Industry’s expert – international speaker and key opinion leader. Our cosmetic doctor, Dr Kieren Bong is widely recognised as the industry’s expert. He is an international trainer and guest speaker on advanced facial aesthetics treatments. He is sought after by manufacturers of different technologies, products and procedures for his advice, technical expertise and knowledge. Dr Bong has been a guest expert speaker at conferences in over 60 countries. He has three advanced techniques trademarked under his name and some of these techniques are now used in over 40 countries.
Our principles. The level of information we give you & our follow up systems to ensure you are satisfied with the results.
Honesty. If it can’t be done, we will tell you. If it can, we will explain the options and help you make the right decision.
We are proud of our reputation for outstanding patient care.
Market leading products. We use only market leading brands in the country with the strongest clinical evidence.
A strong emphasis on after care. What you do after the procedure is as important as the procedure itself. We will guide you through this period and constantly monitor your progress.
Yes, absolutely. You will need a consultation with Dr Bong. During the consultation, he will discuss in further detail with you what the procedure will entail.
It depends on how long it takes to conclude the consultation, there may not be enough time for you to have the treatment in the same visit. However, if you are travelling from a distance, please do let us know in advance so we can try to accommodate your circumstances. This is not a guarantee but we will do our utmost to accommodate you.
Please call us on 0141-8949098 to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
Kieren is approachable, friendly yet utterly professional. I wouldn’t dream of going anywhere else. There are a lot of flash Harrys out there. Don’t be fooled. Kieren is an understated gem.